RMI is providing state of the art Gastroenterology and hepatology service in Pakistan.A new Endoscopy unit was commissioned in 2015 with latest Pentax Chromendoscopy sytem. Chromendoscopy is the new technique for the early detection of cancers. RMI is only center in KPK providing Chormendoscopy service.
RMI is the only private institute in KP to provide ERCP service.Fibrsocan is the latest technology to assess the severity of liver diseased from any cause. RMI is the only hospital in KP to have acquired this technology.
The unit is among very few if not only center to have HEPA Scope storage facility and equipped with fully automated Olympus UER2 sterilizer. All endoscopic procedures are recorded. The patients get high definition pictures of the procedures.
RMI provides state of the art endoscopy service equipped with latest Pentax chrom-endoscopy systems for the assessment of gastro intestinal disease.
RMI uniquely offer Fibroscan service for assessment of liver diseases, the only organization to offer the service in KPK.
Hepatitis B & C Counselling:
Free hepatitis counselling service for hepatitis B and C patients
Other simple and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures:
Following simple and therapeutic endoscopy procedures are carried out at RMI.
- OGD (Oesophago-gastro- duodenoscopy)
- Colonoscopy (Examination of large Gut)
- ERCP (Endoscopic- retrograde-pancreatography)
The following therapeutic procedures are performed.
- Removal of a tissue sample for biopsy
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Removal of polyps (polypectomy)
- Stopping bleeding from varices, Gastric and duodenal ulcers.(sclerotherapy and banding)
- Removal of stones from CBD
- Placement of Pancreato-biliary, esophageal , duodenal and colonic stents.
- Dilatation of strictures in upper and lower gastrointestinal
- Feeding tubes (PEG) and PEJ