Thoracic and Oncology surgery
Thoracic Surgery encompasses the operative, perioperative and surgical critical care of patients with acquired and congenital pathologic conditions within the chest. It includes pathological conditions of the lung, esophagus and chest wall, tumors of the mediastinum, and diseases of the diaphragm and pericardium. Management of the airway and injuries to the chest are also within the scope of the specialty.
RMI has a highly trained team specifically dedicated in treating these disorders. Apart from surgeons we have pulmonologist, intensivist, anesthesiologist and pediatricians amongst others who help us take care of our patients.
Thoracic surgeries include:
1) Lung resection (Pneumonectomies, lobectomies etc.)
2) Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgeries (VATS)
3) Esophageal resections and surgeries
4) Chest wall masses and tumor surgeries
5) Thoracic sympathectomies
6) Mediastinal tumor and lymph node surgeries
7) Hyadatid cyst surgeries
8) Eventration Of Diaphragm surgery