ELIGIBILITY AND RULES FOR EXAMINATION & ASSESSMENT
A student will be eligible to appear in a professional examination if he/she meets the following conditions: –
Has completed the said period of theory and practical courses as well as clinical training including demonstrations for the said examination to the satisfaction of the department concerned
- Has completed the said period of theory and practical courses and clinical training including demonstrations for the said examination to the satisfaction of the department concerned.
- Eligibility for students to appear in university examination is having attended cumulative 75% of the total of lectures, demonstrations, tutorials and practical or clinical work, both in-patients and out-patients of the full year of the class, respectively. Extra coaching classes will not have any attendance weightage. Cumulative attendance of the respective subject, classes will be measured towards final exam.
- College authorities have the power to stop student from appearing in the University examination on account of poor academic performance (less than 25% cumulative marks in internal assessments) during the respective academic year or failure to pass the sent-up examination conducted by the College.
- Has cleared all the previous professional examination medical and dental subjects.
- Has completed the prescribed courses in theory, practical and clinical work extending over a period of three years after passing first professional BDS examination before appearing in Final Professional exam.
- Has his/her name submitted to the Controller of Examination by the Principal on clearance by the Head of Department/teacher concerned.
- Has paid the requisite fees for the examination to RCD and cleared all the College/hostel dues (including fines, library books and borrowed teaching materials, etc.) as described on the Annual Clearance Form available with the Student Affairs Office.
- The minimum passing marks in each subject shall be 50% in theory and practical examinations separately. A student who fails in theory or in practical examination of a subject shall be considered to have failed in full subject, both theory and practical.
- Any student who fails/is detained in a professional examination, both in annual and supplementary in any subject shall not be promoted to the next class.
He/she shall undergo the course of studies in the subject(s) in which he/she failed/detained. There will be no provisional promotion in such cases.
- A student, who fails in one or more subjects, shall reappear in the subjects in which he/she has failed.
- A student who reappears in any professional examination shall pay requisite fee for the examination.
- A student who is eligible to appear in the examination but did not take examination for whatever reason shall be considered to have failed.
- Only two examinations, one Annual and one Supplementary are allowed in one academic year. No third or extra supplementary examination is permitted.
- A student who has passed his/her final BDS examination shall be entitled to the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from the university provided he/she has conformed to the requirements of PM&DC and KMU which may be enforced from time to time.
- Any student who fails to clear the 1st Professional BDS examinations in four chances availed or unavailed after becoming eligible for the examination shall cease to become eligible for further dental education in Pakistan. Ineligibility due to shortage of attendance shall not affect the application of this clause.
- A student who fails in any subject(s) will not be promoted to the next higher class and shall be required to attend the lectures and practical courses regularly with the subsequent class after declaration of the supplementary result.
A student who discontinued his/her studies for a period of five years will not be allowed for readmission in the College. As the validity for any examination at international level is three years he/she has to retake the last professional examination. However, during the absence period, he/she has to fulfill the requirements of training of those years in which he/ she left the class.